Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Thrifty Finds

Been searching for the perfect Father's Day gift? I have. Last time I visited my dad he told me he needed a lamp for the roll top desk.

It's been a couple months since then and I haven't found just the right one. I will visit my folks again in July so I have an extra cushion of time to find one...

In the meantime though, I have collected and discovered some other items perfect for any dad on his special day! Here are some pics of some "mantiques" and other cool stuff I have in my booths at Through The Garden Gate Antiques in Mechanicsville, Virginia.


"The Man in Charge"

Who's a manly god-like wood carving? This guy! Wouldn't he look great in the man cave or on the back deck tiki bar presiding over the bottles of tequelia and rum? Watch out Captain Morgan there's a new guy in charge!

"True Blood room decor"

Is your dad a True Blood fan? Decorate his man space with "sexy beasts"! His animal instincts on display!

"Vegas in a Box"

Can't afford the airfare and hotel? Give him Vegas in a box!

Fishing Creel  Cookie Jar

Crystal Large Mouth Bass

Does dad already have a garage full of poles and tackle? Please his taste of fishing with homemade cookies in a fishing creel jar or a crystal large mouth bass.

Mad Men Inspired

Maybe dad needs a place to store his manly wares. Take this redo dresser to the next level and use it as a bar or a place to store poker chips and such.

Vintage Lovin'

Is "old cool stuff" always on his list. Planers and military trunks look great on display.

Got Prince Albert in a Can? Better Let Him Out!

(That's My Mom's Joke) Good one, mom!

Because dad is Fine and Dandy!

Because dad is "Fine and Dandy" skip the big box store and think outside the (cigar) box! Visit Through the Garden Gate antiques (or your local antiqe mall)!

Happy Father's Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment