Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

HAPPY ENDINGS


So many projects. So little time. Isn't that how it always goes?  No pressure though...yeah right! But ya can't let it get ya down.

I always try to remember that rehabilitating old or worn pieces takes lots of steps and therefore lots of time. Just enjoy the pace. Whatever the piece calls for and enjoy the result...a happy ending!





In the beginning this "free find" coffee table had water damage and white rings.
A light sanding took care of the problem areas and the remaining sections of wood showed me I needed three colors of stain.




In the top picture, I started with two sections of a dark walnut stain. I always waited until previously done sections were completely dry before taping off others.


Boy, that used to be a horrible habit of mine! Impatient, I would rush a project and ruin the finish because it hadn't dried.





Now, I keep projects in a rotation so that I can leave one to dry and work on another. This works better for me. (Thank goodness!)


Mid century coffee table

I even learned my lesson about letting finishes and sealants cure. Common sense is so handy sometimes!

I would love to keep the coffee table. It's right up my alley. My most recent obsession is mid century furniture and accessories. But...that "1196sqft" thing limits such furniture options.

It is in one of my spaces at Through the Garden Gate Antiques. Hopefully someone will love it like I do.



Here are some other projects that are in the production line:


Windsor Estate sale finds






So far, I have sanded, primed, and chosen a paint color for this chair. After painting it, I might consider another stencil or something decoupaged on the back...only if it looks like it needs it.








I wasn't going to keep this sewing stool, but after starting to decorate the master bedroom, I decided the dog's toys would store nicely inside.

A small rip on the seat calls for a new cover for the top. I think it will be cute when I get it finished.





I saw this at Goodwill for $8 and couldn't resist. So far, it is sanded, primed, and painted an off white in this pic.



Besides the usual distressing and waxing I could do to this piece, I thought it still needed something.



So I am in the process of decoupaging fabric to the top and bottom sections.

I've been on a red, white, and blue kick lately.


OBVIOUSLY

Glad to say the rocking chair already sold. Hope they love it!



There are also some things I need to think about concept-wise or color-wise.

Whatever am I gonna do with these?

Headboard turned coat rack?


Twin bed painted and distressed?


Really stumped for paint colors.


I bet there are some great inspirational ideas out there in blogland, so no need to delay.....I've armed with my "Pin It" button and I am prepared to use it.

I'll keep ya'll updated!















No comments:

Post a Comment